Currently viewing the tag: "why therapy"
When I talk to friends and acquaintances about therapy, I often hear these comments. Do any of them sound familiar?
- “I can talk to my friends about my problems.”
- “Why would I talk to some stranger about my problems?!”
- “I’m not crazy.”
- “Therapy is cool for others, but not for me.”
- “The therapist is going to ‘psychoanalyze’ me.” (here, ‘psychoanalyze’ means to discover something I’m ashamed of)
- “The therapist is going to think I’m crazy.”
- “I am not in crisis.”
- “I don’t need therapy… It’s my husband/wife/boss/co-worker/fill-in-blank who needs to change!”
Sign up for our free newsletter